But I had some carrots and zucchini I wanted to use up, so I ignored it and pressed on. Supplies were as follows:
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package carrot cake mix
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup crushed pineapple, measured right out of the can, juice and all.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded/grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (pecans okay too)
This recipe makes 2 dozen moist, nutty little toddler-proof mini muffins I took a gamble, leaving out the oil, but these are unbelievably moist. There is a legendary Diet Coke Cake that I'd like to try with this too. No egg, just the mix, a can of diet lemon-lime soda, the pineapple and the veggies. I'm sadly out of carrot cake mix for the moment, but will have to try it some time.
One thing to note: I put extras in quart-sized freezer bags, and defrosted a few this morning for the kidlet. Perfection. So make up a full batch and eat them all week. You'll be glad you did.